Help get this topic noticed by sharing it on Twitter, Facebook, or email.

Error up - upload failed unknown error - 299

I have just signed up and now in the progress of uploading data (approx. 350GB) from my Windows 7 PC.

JottaCloud Applikation version is 3.0.24.205

I noticed I am getting a lot following errors:
Uploader ... 75701 nye filer tilbage
(775,08 MB i 277 filer kunne ikke backes op, grundet fejl)

Clicking right mouse buttom on above and select show error/fejl, I see lines similar to this one:
Other Error :: C:/Data/Digital/Digital_billeder/2008/Diverse taget med k850i/DSC00030.JPG

Looking in the log file i see following lines for each of the above errors::
2015-01-30 00:14:25.371 [] ERROR Up - Upload failed Unknown Error - 299 - https://up.jottacloud.com/jfs/ [MY_FILE_PATH]:: Error downloading https://up.jottacloud.com/jfs/[MY_FIL...:: - server replied: Server Error -

java.io.IOException: Unable to create parent directory for file: /var/lib/jotta/jas/dfs/dfs-036/373/[MY_ACCOUNT]/604
Internal Server Error
dn-049.site-000.jotta.no

To me it seems that the JotteCloud back-end has a problem.
Any resolution for this? - besides trying again which does seem to help but I still do get a lot of erros again for new files uploading.

Greetings
Philip - Denmark
1 person has
this problem
+1
  • Hi Phillip,

When uploading many files it is quite common that some of them, for various reasons , reports a fault . Jottacloud trying to upload files several times, so this solves usually by itself eventually .

Beware especially when images are uploaded. Many users adds only the "Library " in the Backup , which does not contain the actual files , but pointers / references to the folders image files are located in . Jottacloud do not back pointers / links / references etc.

You can also right-click on the folder are reporting errors , and select " Show error ... " from the menu that pops up . Here you get more information about the error (s) and try again.

You can also contact us at support@jottacloud.com remember to add your logfile
  • (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. sad, anxious, confused, frustrated indifferent, undecided, unconcerned kidding, amused, unsure, silly happy, confident, thankful, excited